Thermal Energy Storage Technologies for Sustainability [electronic resource] / Kalaiselvam, S..
- Kalaiselvam, S.
- Academic Press, 2014.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (444 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Parameshwaran, R. and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Thermal Energy Storage Technologies for Sustainability is a broad-based overview describing the state-of-the-art in latent, sensible, and thermo-chemical energy storage systems and their applications across industries. Beginning with a discussion of the efficiency and conservation advantages of balancing energy demand with production, the book goes on to describe current state-of-the art technologies. Not stopping with description, the authors also discuss design, modeling, and simulation of representative systems, and end with several case studies of systems in use. Describes how thermal energy storage helps bridge the gap between energy demand and supply, particularly for intermittent power sources like solar, wind, and tidal systems Provides tables, illustrations, and comparative case studies that show applications of TES systems across industries Includes a chapter on the rapidly developing field of viable nanotechnology-based thermal energy storage systems
- 9780124173057 and 9780124172913
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2014.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2014
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29311681