- Skills and experience might land you a leadership position, but they don't make you a true leader. Leadership comes from inside-and the greatest leaders first question themselves before they tackle the world around them. To aid in this critical interrogation, The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership explores ideas from Aristotle, Heraclitus, Sophocles, Hesiod, and other great thinkers, including: Know thyself • Do not waste energy on things you cannot change • Nurture community • Always embrace the truth • Let competition reveal talent • Live life by a higher code • Understand that character is destiny Then it shows you how to take each idea-along with what you've learned about yourself-and apply it to the challenges of the modern workplace. As Aristotle tutored Alexander the Great, you too will learn what it takes to conquer all.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2014.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © AMACOM 2014 2014
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29312030