- Tkinter is a great place to start with GUI Application development and this book is designed to make the process fun and informative. With bags of real examples, like a drum machine and chess game, it will get you coding in no time. Develop 10 real GUI applications using procedural and object-oriented styles Write network programs, database-driven programs, multi-threaded programs and more with Tkinter A practical guide to discover the best practices involved in writing GUI applications In Detail Tkinter is the built-in GUI package that comes with standard python distributions. This means it is easy to get started right away, without any extra installation or configuration. Tkinter's strength lies in its simplicity of use and its intuitive nature which makes it suited for programmers and non-programmers alike. Once you get started, you will be surprised to see how a few lines of code can produce powerful GUI applications. Tkinter GUI Application Development Hotshot helps you learn the art of GUI programming-building real-world, productive and fun applications like text editor, drum machine, game of chess, media player, drawing application and many more. Each subsequent project builds on the skills acquired in the previous project. Also, learn to write multi-threaded and multi layered applications using Tkinter. Get to know modern best practices involved in writing GUI programs. Tkinter GUI Application Development Hotshot comes with a rich source of sample codes that you can use in your own projects in any discipline of your choice. Starting with a high level overview of Tkinter that covers the most important concepts involved in writing a GUI application, the book then takes you through a series of real world projects of increasing complexity, developing one project per chapter. After you have developed five full projects, the book provides you with some bare-bone skeleton codes for a few functional but incomplete projects, challenging you to put your skills to test by completing them. Finally, you are provided with tips for writing reusable, scalable, and quality GUI code for larger projects. The appendices provide a quick reference sheet for Tkinter.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2013 Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29312577