Unusually Excellent: The Necessary Nine Skills Required for the Practice of Great Leadership [electronic resource] / Hamm, John
- Hamm, John
- Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (256 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Master the fundamentals of leadership-at every stage in your career Often, when leaders experience trouble, they look to blame an outside source or expect a small tweak to right their ship. But many times they've actually lost their grip on the very basic foundation of leadership. The business environment may change, but no management trend can displace the core laws, proven over centuries, of excellent leadership. Unusually Excellent is an essential resource for leaders that brings these fundamentals together in a new and comprehensive way. This book will help leaders at any level keep their focus on the bedrock principles that will make them extraordinary. Thoroughly practical, day-to-day primer for achieving and maintaining their highest level of leadership, for today and for a lifetime The author's Harvard Business Review articles are among the most highly read in the magazine's history Written for all leaders who need to develop and renew their leadership skills Using a sports analogy, the author breaks the work of leaders into three parts: pregame: a matter of character; game day: a matter of competence; and postgame: a matter of consequence.
- 9780470928431 and 0470928433
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2011.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Jossey-Bass 2011
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29313643