UX for The Internet of Things [electronic resource] / Rowland, Claire
- Get up to speed on UX design for the IoT By the end of 2015, 4.9 billion connected "things" will be in use, and the one factor that will determine success of these products is the user experience. In this video, six of the smartest people working in design and the IoT share their knowledge, tools, and techniques along with the actionable advice you need to create extraordinary IoT experiences. Originally presented as a live online event, all six presentations are now available to view at your leisure, including: Getting to simple: Deploying IoT at scale Pilgrim Beart, Founder, AlertMe.com Ltd. Explore the underlying factors and trends driving IoT design requirements, with lessons learned-and pitfalls to avoid-from Pilgrim Beart's experience scaling his Connected Home service into the millions. Understanding industrial design Simon King, Design Director, IDEO Simon uses examples from industrial design to highlight principles and practices relevant to interaction designers and UX professionals. You'll learn how the fundamental building blocks apply in the present context. Prototyping experience for connected products Martin Charlier, Independent Design Consultant Learn about experience prototyping methods and how they differ from software UX prototypes. Understanding the purpose of your prototype is crucial to selecting the appropriate and most effective method. User experience and predictive device behavior in the Internet of Things Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, PARC Understand the potential of UX design for dynamic, adaptive, and predictive devices. You'll learn examples of several different systems and come away with a list of UX challenges for creating behavioral systems. Interusability: Designing a coherent system UX Claire Rowland, independent UX/product consultant Because IoT interactions often span multiple devices that have different capabilities, UX designers can't just think about designing separate UIs. Claire explains what's involved in designing a coherent UX for whole systems. Experience design for IoT security: Lessons from architecture school Ame Elliott, Design Director, Simply Secure How do you safeguard the privacy and security of people who use connected home/IoT applications? Ame presents UX designers with lessons from architecture school for designing smart home devices.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29313959