Velocity 2016 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands [electronic resource] / O'Reilly Media, Inc..
- O'Reilly Media, Inc
- O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2016.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 48 hr., 34 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Velocity 2016 Amsterdam featured 73 prominent experts working at companies like SOASTA, Docker, CoScale, GitLab, AppDynamics, Fastly, LeaseWeb, Pivotal, Travis CI, Bekk Consulting, Acrolinx, Plumbr, and more to speak on all things related to building websites, apps, and services that are fast, scalable, resilient, and highly available. The conference was organized into four major themes: metrics and monitoring (topics included the Elastic stack, Kubernetes/Prometheus, and AMP); organizational infrastructure (how to onboard at scale, the Nudge theory for improving team performance, Yahoo's use of DevOPs to launch products at 1 billion user scale, etc.); UX performance improvement (a walk-through of PWA technologies, the rewards and challenges of Push, a deep dive into image and type optimization, etc.); and strategies for reimagining DevOps, security, and infrastructure (sessions on moving from MySQL to Aurora at AWS, new techniques for defending against bots, the story of how Komfo achieved 60X faster tests, the future of serverless software architecture, best practices for MySQL HA, and more). This video compilation covers it all. It's time to learn! Get complete coverage of all 60 sessions, 8 tutorials, and 7 keynotes: 50+ hours of material 73 top speakers such as Lorna Mitchell (IBM), Sarah Wells (Financial Times), and Rekha Joshi (Intuit) Tutorials on PWA technologies, BPF tracing/monitoring, Docker/microservices security, and more Hear Dyn's Phil Stanhope describe the DDoS attack on Dyn and the efforts to repel the attack Learn from Mandi Walls (Chef) on InSpec security and Kazuho Oku (DeNA) on maximizing HTTP/2 Discover how Sky Betting & Gaming handles the insanity of Grand National sports betting Watch Rick Fast (Expedia) on building resilient, dynamic, and reliable microservices infrastructures Learn from Yoav Weiss (Akami) on the new techniques for producing faster loading web pages Hear Kristian Skoeld (SOASTA) on how to combine microservice-based development with DevOps Get 14 metrics/monitoring sessions; 15 on organizational infrastructure; and 9 on UX performance Get 18 intense, info-rich sessions on topics related to reimaging DevOps, security, and infrastructure
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29314059