- Today's non-linear editing systems are equipped with a wide range of color correction tools that were previously only available in dedicated color correction suites. This book shows video editors how to take full advantage of their power. Clear, step-by-step instructions are included for Avid XPress DV, Avid Symphony, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and more. Beyond that, you'll learn the importance of "selling" the color correction you've achieved to clients, while making sure the client realizes the impact color correction gives the final product. In addition to non-linear editing systems, there are now many plug-in applications for color correction. These plug-ins, including ColorFix, Composite Suite Color Correct, Vixen Pro, and Color Finesse, are covered in detail. There is ample information on how to work with the various video recording formats a client may present you, and the pros and cons of each. Rounding out the text are numerous hints, tips, common pitfalls, and tutorials for real-world practice. The CD contains images can practice color correction on; popular software tools, including trial versions of AfterEffects, Premiere, and various plug-ins; and QuickTime movies demonstrating color correction techniques. Lastly, ample reference material makes this an excellent resource.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2003.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Focal Press 2003 2003
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29314135