- Visual Computing for Medicine, Second Edition, offers cutting-edge visualization techniques and their applications in medical diagnosis, education, and treatment. The book includes algorithms, applications, and ideas on achieving reliability of results and clinical evaluation of the techniques covered. Preim and Botha illustrate visualization techniques from research, but also cover the information required to solve practical clinical problems. They base the book on several years of combined teaching and research experience. This new edition includes six new chapters on treatment planning, guidance and training; an updated appendix on software support for visual computing for medicine; and a new global structure that better classifies and explains the major lines of work in the field. Complete guide to visual computing in medicine, fully revamped and updated with new developments in the field Illustrated in full color Includes a companion website offering additional content for professors, source code, algorithms, tutorials, videos, exercises, lessons, and more
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2014.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2014
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29314280