VMware Horizon 6 Desktop Virtualization Solutions [electronic resource] / Cartwright, Ryan
- Cartwright, Ryan
- Packt Publishing, 2014.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (362 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Mills, Chuck, Langone, Jason, Leibovici, Andre, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Plan, design, and secure your virtual desktop environments with VMware Horizon 6 View In Detail VMware Horizon 6 (with View) delivers virtualized desktops and applications through a single platform. It supports users, providing them with access to all of their Windows and online resources through one unified workspace, anywhere, using the device of their choice. The latest VDI release has brought with it various enhancements that will provide a better way to solve the common problems that occur while designing a VDI solution. This book will guide you through how to produce a solid VDI solution with VMware Horizon 6 View, by combining best practices with actual installation challenges. The book is designed to be used during the design phase, which comes before the implementation phase. It covers all major Horizon 6 components and tips on how to use them to provide a solid VDI solution. What You Will Learn Learn the strategies and techniques needed to migrate your user population from a traditional physical desktop environment to a successful virtual desktop solution Plan the approach to deliver, protect, and manage Windows desktops and applications to ensure that users can work anytime, anywhere, on any device Decide whether to use persistent or nonpersistent vDesktops and understand the impact of both on the VDI environment Understand the choices around end devices such as thick clients, thin clients, and zero clients Size the VDI environment correctly to avoid slow logons, poor PCoIP performance, authentication problems, and other random failures Analyze all of the potential points of failure within a VDI and provide redundancy for each component Design a backup solution and/or disaster recovery plan to ensure a quick recovery in times of failure
- 9781782170709 and 9781782170716
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29314376