- " Work Wanted is a must-read for all boomers who see more than a finish line for their career! Jim Walker and Linda Lewis bring new light to the concepts of aging, work, and retirement in this great book." - Marshall Goldsmith , executive coach and author, What Got You Here Won't Get You There "This book was perfect for me, a younger baby boomer. It helped me to create my roadmap to financial independence and addresses many questions I didn't even know I had!" - Carol A. Gallagher , Ph.D., bestselling author, Going to the Top "The best resource available for professionals interested in planning their older years. Work Wanted makes a persuasive case that we can and should make paid work an important part of our older years. Most of us want to keep some attachment to the work world as we move into the retirement years, and Work Wanted tells us everything you need to know to do so." - Peter Cappelli , George W. Marshall Professor of Management, The Wharton School, and author, Talent on Demand: Managing Talent in an Age of Uncertainty The Complete Action Plan for Every Baby Boomer Who Wants to Keep Working-and Thriving! This is the definitive handbook for every baby boomer who wants, needs, or expects to keep on working! You'll find practical, realistic, action-oriented advice for working on your terms, not someone else's...reinventing yourself for your next stage of life...finding more meaning in the work you choose...protecting your finances and your lifestyle...and a whole lot more! If you're a baby boomer and a professional, chances are you will live far into your 80s or beyond. That means you'll have 20+ more years to actively work and pursue your interests. Work Wanted will help you make those years as valuable as you possibly can. Packed with practical checklists, references, and case studies, this book is organized for action, not talk. Drs. James Walker and Linda Lewis first explore the myths, falsehoods, and obsolete "conventional wisdom" about aging and retirement that stand in your way. Drawing on their experience working with companies and individuals facing these issues, Walker and Lewis help you realistically assess the challenges you'll actually face-from your real income needs to your changing goals. Discover why a growing shortage of experienced people will give you more workplace leverage than ever before. Then, learn how to implement an action plan to keep working on your own terms at your current company, if that's what you wa...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29315982