- In today's harried, ultra-connected, technology-laden society, it's easy to become overwhelmed. The term "zen" is used freely by those seeking to calm and simplify their lives. But to truly reap the benefits of Zen, one must understand what it is and how to change his or her thinking and actions to achieve it. Zen monk and sensei Domyo Burk shows readers how to get started on the path to enlightenment and peace, regardless of cultural or religious affiliations. In this book, readers get: - An introduction to what Zen is-and what it isn't. - A foundation for how to get started in Zen practice. - Explanations of the essential teachings of Zen and how they can free readers from the dissatisfaction that is inherent in modern life and improve mental and physical health. - Step-by-step instructions for engaging in Zazen meditation. - Guidance on increasing mindfulness, seeking clarity and enlightenment, and living by the Zen moral code. - Tips for maintaining daily Zen practice, using it to deal with difficult and painful situations, and mastering the art of living.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2014.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Alpha 2014 2014
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29316363