- ZigBee is a short-range wireless networking standard backed by such industry leaders as Motorola, Texas Instruments, Philips, Samsung, Siemens, Freescale, etc. It supports mesh networking, each node can transmit and receive data, offers high security and robustness, and is being rapidly adopted in industrial, control/monitoring, and medical applications. This book will explain the ZigBee protocol, discuss the design of ZigBee hardware, and describe how to design and implement ZigBee networks. The book has a dedicated website for the latest technical updates, ZigBee networking calculators, and additional materials. Dr. Farahani is a ZigBee system engineer for Freescale semiconductors Inc. The book comes with a dedicated website that contains additional resources and calculators: http://www.learnZigBee.com Provides a comprehensive overview of ZigBee technology and networking, from RF/physical layer considerations to application layer development Discusses ZigBee security features such as encryption Describes how ZigBee can be used in location detection applications Explores techniques for ZigBee co-existence with other wireless technologies such as 802.11 and Bluetooth The book comes with a dedicated website that contains additional resources and calculators: http://www.learnZigBee.com
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2008.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2008
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29316378