Cookbook compiled in Camberwell, Surrey : manuscript
- Camberwell, Surrey, between 1770 and 1846.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume ; 20 x 17 cm
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Materials is open for research.
- Manuscript cookbook written in two sections. The first, largest section present 190 recipes on 110 pages, all written in the same hand and written between 1770 and 1772. These recipes include transcriptions from printed sources (including Hannah Glasse) and unpublished recipes, all from British cuisine. The second section appears to have been written in the early- or mid-nineteenth century and presents more British recipes in varirous hands.
- Later inscription on front pastedown: "Browne, 1827, Camberwell, Surry [sic]."
- Title devised by cataloger.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the James Milholland Rare Books Endowment; 2019.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Dean Cooke; 2019.
View MARC record | catkey: 29316511