The physician assistant student's guide to the clinical year. Pediatrics / Tanya L. Fernandez, MS, PA-C, IBCLC, Amy Akerman, MPAS, PA-C.
- Fernandez, Tanya L.
- Additional Titles:
- New York, NY : Springer Publishing Company, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Akerman, Amy
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Common Presentations in Pediatrics -- Introduction -- Abdominal Pain -- Cough and Breathing Difficulties -- Fever -- Growth and Development -- Refusal to Use Limb -- Skin Changes -- 2.Common Disease Entities in Pediatrics -- Cardiovascular System -- Dermatologic System -- Endocrine System -- Gastrointestinal System -- Genitourinary System -- Gynecologic System -- Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat (HEENT) -- Musculoskeletal/Rheumatologic System -- Neurologic System -- Psychiatric Issues -- Respiratory System -- 3.Common Diagnostic Tests in Pediatrics -- Labs -- Diagnostic Imaging Studies -- Other Diagnostic Testing -- 4.The Well-Child Check and Preventative Care Guidelines -- History -- Physical Examination -- Age-Appropriate Screenings -- Vaccines -- Anticipatory Guidance -- Ages and Stages -- Appendix 4.1 Well-Child-Check Charts by Age -- 5.Urgent Management in Pediatrics -- Acute Asthma Exacerbation, BRONCHioims, Epiglottitis, and Tracheitis -- Aspirated Foreign Body -- Bacteremia and Sepsis -- Concussion or Mild Traumatic Brain Injury -- Diabetic Ketoacidosis -- Envenomations, Animal and Arthropod Bites, and Sting Reactions -- Eye Complaints: Orbital Injuries and Periorbital Cellulitis -- Fractures and Dislocations -- Headache and Meningitis -- Osteomyelitis and Septic Joint Infections -- Ovarian and Testicular Torsion -- Overdose and Acute Toxic Ingestion -- 6.Common Procedures in Pediatrics -- Bladder Catheterization -- Foreign-Body Removal From Ears and Nose -- Nebulizer Treatment -- Pneumatic Otoscopy -- Reduction of Subluxed Radial Head (Nursemaid's Elbow) -- 7.Common Abbreviations in Pediatrics.
- Written by experienced PA educators, this guide details the clinical approach to common presentations such as cough, fever, and skin changes. It also provides a systems-based approach to more than 60 of the most frequently encountered disease entities you will see in this rotation, including dermatitis, pharyngitis, and otitis media. Distinguished by brief, bulleted content with handy tables and figures, the reference offers all pertinent laboratory and imaging studies needed to confirm a diagnosis, with medication and management guidelines. This guide also describes the most common procedures you will learn during the pediatrics rotation, including foreign body removal, reduction of subluxed radial head, and administration of nebulizer treatments.A special chapter on management of urgent pediatric conditions, such as asthma exacerbation, head injuries, and fractures, is also included
- 9780826195357 (electronic bk.)
0826195350 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index
View MARC record | catkey: 29316898