The physician assistant student's guide to the clinical year. Ob/gyn / Elyse Watkins, series editor Maureen Knechtel
- Watkins, Elyse
- Additional Titles:
- [New York] : Springer Publishing Company, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Knechtel, Maureen
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Common Presentations in Obstetrics and Gynecology -- Irregular Menses/Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Missed Menses/Amenorrhea -- Pelvic pain -- Prenatal Visit -- Vaginal Discharge -- 2.Common Disease Entities in Gynecology -- Amenorrhea -- Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Bartholin Cyst and Abscess -- Breast Abscess -- Breast Cancer -- Cervical Cancer -- Cervical Dysplasia -- Cervictis -- Dysmenorrhea -- Endometrial Cancer -- Endometriosis -- Galactorrhea -- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause -- Infertility -- Leiomyoma -- Menopause -- Osteoporosis -- Ovarian Cancer -- Ovarian Cysts -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Cystocele, Rectocele, and Uterine Prolapse -- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome -- Premenstrual Syndrome/Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder -- Sexual Dysfunction -- Tubo-Ovarian Abscess -- Urinary Incontinence -- Urinary Tract Infection -- Vaginitis -- Vulvar Condyloma -- Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia and Vulvar Carcinoma -- Vulvodynia -- 3.Common Disease Entities in Obstetrics -- Abruptio Placentae (Placental Abruption) -- Anemia -- Asthma in Pregnancy -- Cervical Insufficiency -- Cholestasis of Pregnancy -- Early Pregnancy Loss/Nonelective Abortion -- Eclampsia -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Gestational Diabetes MELLrrus -- Gestational Hypertension (Formerly Known as Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension) -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (Molar Pregnancy/Hydatioiform Mole) -- Group B Streptococcal Colonization -- HE LLP Syndrome -- Herpes Infection in Pregnancy -- Hyperemesis Gravidarum -- Intrauterine Growth Restriction -- Lactational Mastitis -- Normal Labor and Delivery -- Placenta Previa -- Postpartum Depression -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Preeclampsia -- Prelabor Rupture of Membranes/Preterm Prelabor Rupture of Membranes -- Preterm Labor -- Rhesus Incompatibility -- Seizure Disorder -- Shoulder Dystocia -- Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy -- Venous Thromboembolism -- Zika Infection in Pregnancy -- 4.Diagnostic Testing for OB/GYN Conditions -- Common Laboratory Tests -- Diagnostic Evaluation -- Fetal Aneuploidy Screening -- Other Tests in Obstetrics and Gynecology -- 5.Patient Education and Counseling in OB/GYN -- Breastfeeding -- Contraception -- Immunizations in Pregnancy -- Immunizations in the Nonpregnant Woman -- Intimate Partner Violence -- Kegels -- Mammography -- Pap/Human Papillomavirus Testing -- Patient Education During Pregnancy -- Peri- and Postmenopausal Health -- Postmenopausal Hormone Use -- Reproductive Health -- 6.Urgent Management of OB/GYN Conditions -- Acute Severe Uterine Bleeding (Menorrhagia) -- Acute Uterine Inversion -- Amniotic Fluid Embolism -- Hyperemesis Gravidarum -- Placental Abruption -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Retained Placental Tissue -- Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- Sexual Assault -- Thromboembolism -- Tubo-Ovarian Abscess -- 7.Common Procedures in Gynecology -- Bartholin Cyst or Abscess Incision and Drainage -- Colposcopy -- Endometrial Biopsy -- Intrauterine System Removal -- Pap Test/Human Papillomavirus Screening -- Vulvar Biopsy -- 8.Common Procedures in Obstetrics -- Cesarean Delivery -- Delayed Cord Clamping -- Induction of Labor -- Nonstress Test -- Trial of Labor After Cesarean Delivery -- Vaginal and Perineal Repair After Delivery -- 9.Common OB/GYN Abbreviations and Terms.
- The first pocket-size resource to guide PA students through their OB/GYN rotation Prepare for and thrive during your clinical rotations with the quick-access pocket guide series, The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year. The OB/GYN edition of this 7-volume series, discounted when purchased as a full set, delineates the exact duties required in obstetrics and gynecology. Written by an experienced PA educator, this guide details the clinical approach to common obstetric and gynecologic presentations such as pelvic pain, abnormal uterine bleeding, and an overview of the initial prenatal visit. It also provides treatment and management details for more than 30 of the most frequently encountered disease entities you will see in this rotation, including cervical dysplasia, dysmenorrhea, and ectopic pregnancy. Distinguished by brief, bulleted content with handy tables and figures, the reference offers all pertinent laboratory and imaging studies needed to confirm a diagnosis, with medication and management guidelines. This guide also describes the most common procedures you will learn during your OB/GYN, including PAP test, colposcopy, labor induction, and cesarean delivery. A special chapter on urgent gynecologic and obstetric conditions, such as placental abruption, sexual assault, and severe uterine bleeding, is also included.
- 9780826195364 (electronic bk.)
0826195369 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index
View MARC record | catkey: 29316900