Gourmet's delight, 1930-1940 / compiled and edited by Mrs. T. Gluch in conjunction with Klerksdorp Hebrew Nursery School
- Klerksdorp : Arnold en wessels, [1940?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume (172 pages)) : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Gluch, T., Klerksdorp Hebrew Nursery School, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Food and drink in history
- There are over 200 African American cookbooks in the collection dating from the early 19th century to the present. The earliest is a first edition of Robert Roberts, 'The House Servant's Directory' (1827), the first cookbook written by a black American and first book on any subject written by a black American to have been printed by a commercial publisher. Additionally there are charity cookbooks, black dialect items, and celebrity cookbooks. The collection is complemented by strong holdings in Caribbean cookery and African cookery.
- AMDigital Reference: TX724 .G583 1900z.
"Collection: Africa"--Home page.
"Note: Catalog Records ©2019, by the Michigan State University. All rights reserved."--Home page.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019. Digitized from a copy held by Michigan State University and made available by Adam Matthew Digital.
- Location of Originals:
- Michigan State University
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation ©2019, by the Michigan State University. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 29330965