Braai and barbecue in Southern Africa, 1967 / by Lesley Faull ; edited by Vida Heard ; illustrated by Penny Miller
- Food and drink in history
- There are over 200 African American cookbooks in the collection dating from the early 19th century to the present. The earliest is a first edition of Robert Roberts, 'The House Servant's Directory' (1827), the first cookbook written by a black American and first book on any subject written by a black American to have been printed by a commercial publisher. Additionally there are charity cookbooks, black dialect items, and celebrity cookbooks. The collection is complemented by strong holdings in Caribbean cookery and African cookery.
- AMDigital Reference: TX840.B3 F3.
"Collection: Africa"--Home page.
"Note: Catalog Records ©2019, by the Michigan State University. All rights reserved."--Home page.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019. Digitized from a copy held by Michigan State University and made available by Adam Matthew Digital.
- Location of Originals:
- Michigan State University
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation ©2019, by the Michigan State University. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 29331011