Homosexuality, transidentity, and Islam : a study of scripture confronting the politics of gender and sexuality / Ludovic-Mohamed Zahed ; foreword by Jan Jaap de Ruiter ; translation and afterword by Adi S. Bharat
- Zahed, Ludovic Lofti Mohamed
- Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 131 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ruiter, Jan Jaap de and Bharat, Adi S.
- Ludovic-Mohamed Zahed proposes to summarize here the Islamic scriptural sources relating to the question of the diversity of (human) nature(s), genders, and sexualities. Thus, through an approach that is certainly more politically engaged than that of most Islamic thinkers of our time, I clarify certain theological notions that may seem hermetic for the uninitiated. He often encouters people - be they personally concerned or not by this question - who have heard so much about the subject that they want to have a clearer understanding of the question that would be at once synthetic and global, from the point of view of the so-called Arab-Muslim tradition.
- 9789463720311 hardbound
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 121-128) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29331503