Big book of embroidery : 250 stitches with 29 creative projects / Renee Mery ; [translator, Ulatus].
- Language Note:
- In English. translated from French.
- Straight stitch variations -- Long stitch variations -- Cross-stitch variations -- Looped stitch variations -- Knotted stitch variations -- Woven stitches -- Couching stitches -- Open-thread embroidery -- Drawn-thread embroidery -- Beads, spangles, sequins & mirrors -- Smocking -- Needlepoint stitches -- Punch needle -- Design handbook.
- A visual encyclopedia of stitches, Big Book of Embroidery is the essential reference guide for both beginner and experienced embroiderers. Packed with 250 popular embroidery stitches and techniques for looped stitches, straight stitches, knotted stitches, cross-stitch, long stitches, and more, this book will help you to understand the basics while you learn to embroider various details and designs within those fundamental methods. After learning the basic stitches and their variations, move on to the more advanced woven, couching, smocking, and needlework stitches, plus many more! Learn the art of embroidery quickly with concise text, easy-to-follow close-up photography, and step-by-step instructions and illustrations. Also included are 29 inspirational projects to create décor, shirts, shorts, tablecloths, linens, wall hangings, and more so you can practice and build on the skills and designs you've learned. Embroider charming flowers, succulents, birds, hearts, snowflakes, butterflies, fruits, and more, with confidence!"--
- 9781947163287 (paperback) and 1947163280 (paperback)
- Originally published in French in 2017 as Le grand livre de la broderies. and Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29331921