Community and nurse-managed health centers : getting them started and keeping them going / Donna L. Torrisi, Tine Hansen-Turton
- Torrisi, Donna L.
- New York : Springer Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 149 pages ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hansen-Turton, Tine
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The national centers consortium -- Organizational development -- Initial planning -- Ongoing planning -- Funding -- Financial operations -- Policies and procedures -- Continuous quality/performance improvement -- Information systems appendix: a start-up tool kit.
- "This book provides a step-by-step guide to starting and sustaining a community health center, with an emphasis on nurse-managed centers. The authors share their firsthand knowledge with readers, including information on developing a mission statement, pulling together an advisory board, writing a business plan, and getting funding. The process for obtaining Federally Qualified Health Center Status (and thus federal funding) is described. The Appendix provides examples including sample bylaws, a full policy and procedure manual, physician and nurse practitioner collaborative agreements, job descriptions, a contract with a local agency, and outcome and assessment guidelines" - Provided by the Publisher.
- Community health nursing—United States
- Community health nursing—Administration
- Community health services—Administration
- Community health services—Business management
- Community Health Nursing—organization & administration
- Community Health Centers—organization & administration
- Medically Underserved Area
- Primary Health Care—organization & administration
- 0826123554 (softcover)
- "A National Nursing Centers Consortium guide."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 141-142) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2945491