Public matters : essays on politics, policy and religion / William A. Galston
- Galston, William A. (William Arthur), 1946-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 183 pages ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Incomplete victory : the rise of the new Democrats -- Strategic challenges facing the Democratic Party -- Two postmortems : the 2004 elections and the future of the Democratic Party -- The art of association in free societies : Alexis de Tocqueville and liberal democracy -- The perils of preemptive war -- Some arguments for universal service -- Ethics and public policy in a pluralist democracy : the case of human embryo research -- Some proposals to help parents : a progressive perspective -- Conscience, religious accommodation, and political authority -- Religion, family, and regime : the case of Mormon polygamy -- Contending with liberalism : modern Catholic social thought -- Traditional Judaism and American citizenship -- Jews, Muslims, and the prospects for pluralism.
- 0742549798 (cloth : alk. paper)
0742549801 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 175-180) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2946384