Einstein : a hundred years of relativity / Andrew Robinson ; with contributions by Philip Anderson [and others].
- Robinson, Andrew, 1957-
- New York : Harry N. Abrams, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 256 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bet ha-sefarim ha-leʼumi ṿeha-universiṭaʼi bi-Yerushalayim. Albert Einstein Archives
- The world of physics before Einstein -- Autobiographical notes / by Albert Einstein -- The Making of a physicist -- A brief history of relativity / by Stephen Hawking -- The miraculous year, 1905 -- General relativity -- Varying c: vodka without alcohol? / by João Magueijo -- Arguing about quantum theory -- The search for a theory of everything -- Einstein's search for unification / by Steven Weinberg -- Physics since Einstein -- Einstein's scientific legacy / by Philip Anderson -- The most famous man in the world -- Personal and family life -- Einstein's love letters / by Robert Schulmann -- Einstein and music / by Philip Glass -- Germany, war and pacifism -- America -- Zionism, the Holocaust and Israel -- Einstein on religion, Judaism and Zionism / by Max Jammer -- Nuclear saint and demon -- Einstein's quest for global peace / by Joseph Rotblat -- The end of an era -- Einstein's last interview / by I. Bernard Cohen -- Einstein's enduring magic -- Einstein: twentieth-century icon / by Arthur C. Clarke.
- 0810959232 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- In association with the Albert Einstein Archives
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-248) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2946838