The man who fell to earth [videorecording] / Studio Canal ; Anchor Bay ; screenplay by Paul Mayersberg ; directed by Nicolas Roeg
- [United States] : Criterion Collection, 
- Special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (139 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 book (160 pages) + 1 booklet (30 unnumbered pages : illustrations)
- Additional Creators:
- Roeg, Nicolas, 1928-2018, Bowie, David, Torn, Rip, 1931-2019, Clark, Candy, Henry, Buck, Richmond, Anthony B., 1942-, Phillips, John, 1935-2001, Tevis, Walter S., Studio Canal, Anchor Bay Entertainment, Inc, and Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Language Note:
- The story of an alien on an elaborate rescue mission provides the launching pad for Roeg's visual tour de force, a formally adventurous examination of alienation.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1976.
Based on the novel by Walter Tevis.
Special features: new, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by director Nicolas Roeg; exclusive audio commentary by Roeg and actors; performance, a compilation of new video interviews with actors; new video interview with screenwriter Paul Mayersberg; audio interviews with costume designer May Routh and production designer Brian Eatwell; multiple stills galleries, including Routh's costume sketches; behind-the-scenes photos; production and publicity stills, introduced by set photographer David James; gallery of posters from Roeg's films; trailers and television spots; an exclusive reprint of Walter Tevis's original novel, courtesy of Vintage books, and a booklet featuring a new essay on the film by critic Graham Fuller and an appreciation of Tevis by novelist Jack Matthews.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematographer, Anthony Richmond ; music, John Phillips.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- David Bowie, Rip Torn, Candy Clark, Buck Henry.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
View MARC record | catkey: 2948349