Horn concerti [sound recording] / Mozart
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791
- Uniform Title:
- Horn, orchestra music. Selections
- Cleveland, Ohio : Telarc, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Flanders, Michael, Swann, Donald, 1923-1994, Humphries, John, 1956-, Ruske, Eric, Suart, Richard, Mackerras, Charles, 1925-2010, Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791, Swann, Donald, 1923-1994, and Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Concerto in D major, K.412 / reconstructed by John Humphries (8:07) -- Concerto in E-flat major, K.417 (12:40) -- Concerto in E-flat major, K.447 (14:23) -- Concerto in E- flat major, K.495 (16:11) -- Concert rondo in E-flat major, K. 371 / reconstructed by John Humphries (6:25) -- Fragment in E major, K.494a / edited by John Humphries (2:56) -- Ill wind : based on Mozart's horn concerto K. 495 / Flanders, Swann ; transcribed for orchestra (Richard Suart, baritone) (2:59).
- Related Titles:
- Ill wind
- The 7th work, an excerpt from Flanders and Swann's musical revue, At the drop of another hat, is an arr. for voice and orchestra of the Rondo from Mozart's horn concerto, K. 495; text by Michael Flanders and Donald Swann.
Program notes in English, German and French, and lyrics for the 7th work in English (15 p.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Eric Ruske, horn ; Scottish Chamber Orchestra ; Sir Charles Mackerras, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, Dec. 4-5, 1993.
View MARC record | catkey: 2952033