There is no harbour / Dinah Hawken
- Hawken, Dinah, 1943-
- Uniform Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Wellington : Victoria University Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 55 pages ; 22 cm
- Jane -- Rangikawau -- Plymouth to New Plymouth -- Under the mountain -- "All the history that did not happen' -- William, Jane's father, to his mother, Ann, North Tamerton, Cornwall -- William, to his father John, North Tamerton, Cornwall -- Belonging -- Jane and Joseph -- Youthful ignorance and hope -- 'If there is no land there is no resting place' -- Jane and Joseph's son Oswald left a notebook -- Refuge -- Jane, dressmaker, Joseph, farmer, a cloud-covered wedding -- South Taranaki -- Art, a record -- 1867, 'The year of the daughters' -- The journey -- The earmark -- Oswald, from his notebook -- 'Pain and revenge are twin clouds gathering' -- Rustling -- Titokowaru to Colonel Whitmore -- The milk run -- Tangi ana ngā tai Rū ana te whenua -- Day by day -- Te Whiti and Tohu -- 'Loss of posessions is a kind of freedom; loss of land is exile' -- Losing everything -- Patricia, a grand-daughter of Jane and Joe -- 1870 -- Found poetry -- Raukura: white feather -- Ko manawanui: forbearance -- Peace.
- Dinah Hawken's new long poem interweaves her family history in the early years of Pākehā settlement in Taranaki; a short history of the Taranaki Wars; and her thoughts and feelings as she researched and wrote the poem.
- 9781776562084 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 29610589