Tango Argentina. Al galope / [performed by Leopoldo Federico's Orquesta Típica].
- Additional Titles:
- Exposito : Al galope (trad) and Medley of popular themes
- Berlin, Berlin State : EuroArts, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (3 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Kasten, Henning, Smaczny, Paul, and Orquesta Típica (Leopoldo Federico)
- Tango has long become more than the popular Argentine urban dance which developed after 1870 in the poor working class and immigrant areas on the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Tango has aficionados worldwide - be it for its music, culture or the dance. On New Year's Eve 2006, conductor and pianist Daniel Barenboim, Argentinean by birth and upbringing, celebrated the end of the year with a spectacular musical event: a festival of Argentinean music live from Buenos Aires. In a seamless fusion of classical and traditional music, the Orquesta Filarmónica de Buenos Aires under Barenboim joined the excellent bandoneon virtuoso Leopoldo Federico and his Orquesta Tipica to present an extraordinary show with popular tangos and Latin American orchestra classics to a crowd of 10,000 in a free open-air concert at the Plaza de la República. Enchanting new arrangements of works by the Argentinean artists Astor Piazzola, Carlos Gardel, Julio de Caro, Alberto Ginastera and Horacio Salgan and performances by the leading tango dancers Mora Godoy and Junior Cervila from Buenos Aires added to the atmosphere of a night of "Tangos sinfónicos". Fascinating to watch and exciting to listen to - not just for tango aficionados!
- Medium of Performance:
- orchestra 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 24, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Leopoldo Federico y su Orquesta Típica.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live in Buenos Aires, 31 December 2006.
View MARC record | catkey: 29611326