The real family of Jesus. Part 1 [electronic resource] / produced and directed by Anna Cox
- Additional Titles:
- Jesus' family tree. Part 1
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (51 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Cox, Anna, Hodgkins, Tom, Burroughs, Tony, 1948-, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Jesus, the single child of a nuclear family; his parents, Mary and Joseph. That is the traditional image. But a moment's thought will dispel such an image. Jesus lived 2000 years ago, in a society in which the extended family, and not the nuclear family, was the norm. At any rate, many people believe that Jesus' relatives were mostly in the background, playing little part in the fate of Jesus and the faith he founded. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. The evidence from both the gospels and history and archaeology reveal that Jesus not only had a vast family network, but that network inspired and supported him from childhood to death. These films chronicle the practical, and moral, backing of a vast extended family: from his parents, Joseph and Mary, to his grandfather, Joachim, his cousin, John the Baptist, and his brothers, Simon, Jude, Joseph and James.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Nov. 11, 2014).
View MARC record | catkey: 29612792