Around the world in 80 faiths. Rituals. United States of America [electronic resource] / presented by Peter Owen Jones
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (56 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Salt, Siân, Jones, Peter Owen, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Pete is in the most religiously diverse country in the world, the USA. He discovers a dangerous side to the Bible Belt when he gets too close to the serpent-handlers in the Appalachian mountains, before taking his seat at a table-tipping séance. He continues to challenge his own faith when he comes face to face with a miracle-working evangelist and a boy preacher. He then witnesses gay rites in California. In Utah, he visits the Holy city of Mormonism and ventures into the wilderness to seek out religious outlaws who take many wives. Pete goes native in a traditional Navajo sweat lodge and visits a sect where mummification is alive and well. His journey reaches an explosive climax in Nevada, when he joins 50,000 revellers to witness the ceremonial burning of a man.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Nov. 11, 2014).
View MARC record | catkey: 29612800