Rhapsody in Blue [electronic resource] : LA Phil Opening Gala with Herbie Hancock & Gustavo Dudamel : An American in Paris / George Gershwin
- The Opening Night Gala 2011/2012 of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra features keyboard legend Herbie Hancock who joins Gustavo Dudamel and the LA Philharmonic for a high-spirited celebration of quintessential American composer George Gershwin. The concert begins with the iconic Tin Pan Alley composer's Cuban Overture and his beloved An American In Paris. Then the multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist joins Dudamel and the LA Phil to perform arguably Gershwin's most famous work, the jazz hued Rhapsody in Blue.
- Originally part of Celebrate Gershwin : from Walt Disney Concert Hall. and Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 21, 2014).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Gustavo Dudamel, conductor ; Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 2011 at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
View MARC record | catkey: 29613338