Dying game [electronic resource] / reported by Fergal Keane
- London : British Broadcasting Corporation, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (47 min).
- Additional Creators:
- Harrison, David
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Award winning correspondent, Fergal Keane and the Panorama production team investigate the humanitarian catastrophe that faces South Africa, where observers fear 'the fastest growing AIDS epidemic in the world' has already taken hold. 1,500 people are infected with HIV every day, the gold mines expect to lose half their work force, and the Health Minister anticipates a million AIDS orphans in five years. Keane tracks the route that carries the virus from the migrant workers' hostels, the township's brothels, and back along the bus routes to the rural areas. The government is accused of failing to act but deep-rooted problems - like the widespread sexual practice of 'grazing away from home' and the lack of effective education - are formidable barriers to halting the spread of this deadly virus.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 9, 2014).
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
View MARC record | catkey: 29613736