Two days in hell [electronic resource] / produced by Deborah Masters and Sarah Curnow
- Ultimo, New South Wales : ABC Commercial, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (46 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Curnow, Sarah, Masters, Deborah, McDermott, Quentin, and ABC Commercial
- Four corners
- Language Note:
- In English.
- "They had been warned, they thought they had made the necessary preparations but nothing could prepare the people of Victoria for the fireball that swept through their state. How did it happen? What were the conditions really like that day? And what happened to the preparations so carefully made? It's been called the garden state but last weekend Victorians fell victim to the worst fires in recent history. In the days that followed we've heard stories of horror, stories of bravery and sometimes simply tales of good luck. What no-one has been able to do so far is to detail how the crisis unfolded. What were the turning points that led to this disaster? Four Corners details those two crucial days from the evening of Friday 6th to Sunday 8th February. Talking with survivors, fire-fighters, forecasters and doctors -- the program pieces together the warnings, the preparations and the reactions of those people on the ground as the fires began to break out"--Edited from ABC website.
- Title from resource description page (viewed July 10, 2014).
View MARC record | catkey: 29616324