Happy talk. Michael C. Hall and Kevin Dutton [electronic resource] / [Tim McHenry, producer ; Rubin Museum of Art].
- New York, NY : Rubin Museum of Art, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (64 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Dutton, Kevin, 1967-, Hall, Michael C., 1971-, McHenry, Tim, and Rubin Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In this groundbreaking adventure into the world of psychopaths, The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success, the renowned psychologist Kevin Dutton argues that there is a fine line between a brilliant surgeon who lacks empathy and a Hannibal Lecter who kills for pleasure. Incorporating the latest advances in brain scanning and neuroscience, Dutton reveals that there is a scale of 'madness' along which we all sit. In this on-stage conversation, Dutton will test his theories on the actor who embodies psychopathic qualities in his role on Showtime's Dexter, Michael C. Hall. Season 7 premieres September 30. In reference to the Rubin's focus on Himalayan Asia, Dutton makes an unprecedented link between psychopathic qualities and those of spiritual greatness (e.g. fearlessness and living in the moment.) In a unique study, Dutton journeys to one of the world's remotest monasteries in northern India to pit psychopaths against Tibetan Buddhist 'spiritual black belts' in a test of cold-reading ability.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Dec. 9, 2014).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Speakers: Michael C. Hall and Kevin Dutton.
View MARC record | catkey: 29616895