The joy of conferring. Program 1, Listen and guide, the dynamics of conferring [electronic resource] : one-on-one with young readers / by Debbie Miller
- Portland, ME : Stenhouse Publishers, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Miller, Debbie, 1948- and Stenhouse Publishers
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- While reading Debbie Miller's book, Reading with Meaning, or viewing her Happy Reading! video series, one wonders at Debbie's ability to orchestrate a buzzing classroom full of first-graders into a cooperative literacy community. The Joy of Conferring lets us focus in with Debbie and see what happens at the individual level as she conducts reading conferences with her students. Program 1: Listen and Guide--The Dynamics of Conferring Debbie engages in a series of six conferences with students who have a range of needs, from decoding and comprehension, to writing thoughtful responses to their reading. She maintains certain consistent practices across all of the conferences, such as referring back to her previous conferences with each student (either through notes or in oral exchanges), looking closely at the text to focus in on a word, concept or big idea, and listening to the child read and think aloud.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Aug. 7, 2014).
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
View MARC record | catkey: 29617278