Thaïs Pas de Deux
- Uniform Title:
- Thaïs (Choreographic work : Ashton)
- Additional Titles:
- Title of video source: Frederick Ashton : Les Patineurs, Divertissements, Scènes de Ballet, Méditation (Thaïs), and Méditation from Thaïs
- London, England : Opus Arte, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- MacGibbon, Ross, Wordsworth, Barry, King-Dabbs, Andy, Royal Ballet, and Royal Opera House (London, England). Orchestra
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Founder choreographer of The Royal Ballet, Frederick Ashton created more than 100 ballets over a 60 year career. Showcasing three of his shorter works, this disc reflects the breadth of his sophisticated, elegant and widely popular style. Les Patineurs evokes the Edwardian skating rink, with all its youthful charm and humour, in contrast to Scenes de Ballet where sharp geometric shapes and the music of Igor Stravinsky are combined to create perhaps Ashton's most modernist work. Divertissements, a collection of eight short dances, features some of Ashton's most lyrical choreography, including pas de deux set to Romantic masterpieces by Tchaikovsky and Massenet.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 13, 2015).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Performed Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
View MARC record | catkey: 29619493