Issues in globalisation. How fair is fashion? [electronic resource] / by Pumpkin TV.
- Additional Titles:
- How fair is fashion?
- Bristol, England : Pumpkin TV, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (26 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Pumpkin TV (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Using the international fashion industry as a case study this resource asks: what is globalization, what are the causes, and what is the role played by TNCs? It then looks at the effects of globalization and asks what are the pros and cons and who benefits? Filmed in Bangladesh, it compares the working and living conditions of textile workers employed in large scale factories in Dhaka, with those employed by a small rural fair trade fashion initiative. An engaging resource that will provoke much thought and discussion.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 28, 2015).
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
View MARC record | catkey: 29620340