Homes on the range : "The new pioneers" / producer, director, Dale Bell ; producer, writer, editor & narrator, Beverly Baroff
- Santa Monica, CA : Media Policy Center, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (85 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Baroff, Beverly, Bell, Dale, 1938-, and Media & Policy Center Foundation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Homes on the Range tells the story of a home-grown style of elder care pioneered in Sheridan, Wyoming. Modeled on the 'Green House' theories of Dr. Bill Thomas, the 'homes' are just that -- small cottages on a campus where elders live basically on their own, getting only the support they need. The documentary, airing on a staggered schedule on PBS stations nationwide, shows how seniors who were nearly catatonic in institutional settings blossom when given the freedom to care for themselves to the best of their abilities.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 01, 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 29621658