The ballad and the source / a film by John Cohen
- Berkeley, CA : Berkeley Media, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Cohen, John, 1932-2019
- Language Note:
- In English.
- The tradition of unaccompanied ballad singing is very old and still cherished in Great Britain, though only a few traditional singers are still alive. This sensitive musical portrait profiles the life and art of Walter Pardon, perhaps the finest living traditional English ballad singer.This classic documentary, produced by noted filmmaker, photographer, and folk singer John Cohen, is an incisive exploration of a dying tradition.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 24, 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 29624242