Max Richter : recomposing Vivaldi / director, George Scott ; producer, Celia Moore
- Berlin, Berlin State : C Major Entertainment, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (55 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Scott, George, 1966-, Moore, Celia (Television producer), Hope, Daniel, 1974-, Richter, Max, Ehrhardt, Werner, and Isis Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons may be the most widely heard piece of classical music ever composed. As the composer Max Richter suggests, "The piece is part of the musical landscape, and a part of my daily life. I hear it in supermarkets, and it's always turning up in TV ads." He has approached his "Vivaldi Recomposed"-project as an admirer of Vivaldi, but no less importantly, as a composer. "Anything that a composer writes is part of a conversation with music that has gone before," he says. Max Richter's co-conspirator in the documentary on this project is Daniel Hope, the British violinist; and the orchestra "l'arte del mondo" with violinist Werner Ehrhardt, its artistic director.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed July 26, 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 29625684