Impact of tourism. 2, Rügen : the search for sustainable tourism / a TV Choice production
- Additional Titles:
- Impact of tourism II, Rügen, Germany, and Rügen : the search for sustainable tourism
- London, England : TV Choice, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (26 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- TV Choice Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- This DVD examines tourism in the German island of Ruegen in the Baltic. It explains that while the island was behind the Iron Curtain visitors came to Ruegen throughout the entire year because there were few other options and considers the tourism issues facing the island since the fall of the Berlin Wall, including increased traffic, over-development, and high rates of unemployment. The DVD explores the island's move toward sustainable tourism and questions whether a less elite approach to tourism would be more beneficial.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from title screen (viewed October 16, 2018).
View MARC record | catkey: 29625734