Say brother. A response from South Africa / Barbara Barrow, producer ; Conrad White, director ; WGBH-TV Boston
- Additional Titles:
- Response from South Africa
- Boston, MA : WGBH Boston, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (28 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Manong, Johannes, Barrow-Murray, Barbara, White, Conrad, and WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Host Barbara Barrow and South African filmmaker Joe (Johannes) Manong talk about the relationship between South Africa and the United States, and the controversial issues that develop as a result of the fine line between politics and arts in both countries. Manong discusses his new film "The Last Jesus" and responds to Barrow's questions regarding how he escaped from South Africa and eventually came to the United States, how he become a filmmaker, his affiliation with, and production work for, the film "Come Back, Africa," the role of Blacks in filmmaking in South Africa, how he funds his films, his belief that Black films are not a risky venture in the United States, the problems he has faced releasing "The Last Jesus," and the potential response of Blacks to the religious implications the film posits. Program includes stills from the film.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 21, 2017).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Originally broadcast October 22, 1976.
View MARC record | catkey: 29626000