Say brother. An hour with Marcia Ann Gillespie / Barbara Barrow-Murray, producer/host ; Brian Clarke, director ; WGBH-TV.
- Additional Titles:
- Hour with Marcia Ann Gillespie
- Boston, MA : WGBH Boston, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Gillespie, Marcia, Barrow-Murray, Barbara, Clarke, Brian, and WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Program consists of a one-hour interview conducted by Barbara Barrow-Murray with Marcia Ann Gillespie, Editor-in-Chief of Essence magazine. Topics include Gillespie's work at Essence, her editorials, her family life, her reasons for not marrying, child rearing and preparing female children for adulthood, and affirmative action. Program includes questions from a studio audience of professional women in Boston preselected by Murray: Sara Ting (WMBR FM radio producer), Mary Rose Ezpeleta (President of Mary Rose Products, Inc.), Frida Rodriguez (Director of the Hispanic-Portugese Program at the Massachusetts Department of Welfare), Mona Boyd (Director of Recruitment and Selection with the Department of Correction), Gwenn Crockett (Boston Public Library), Cynthia Lewis (Unit Manager, WGBH TV), Consuelo Gonzalez-Thornell (Project Director, RTP, Women's Employment Division), and Libby Chiu (District Coordinator for Bilingual Education, Boston Public Schools).
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 21, 2017).
View MARC record | catkey: 29626009