In search of the great composers. In search of Beethoven / Seventh Art Productions ; filmed, written and directed by Phil Grabsky
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In Search of Beethoven offers a comprehensive and dynamic account of the life and works of the great composer. The film features 65 performances by the world's finest musicians. In addition 100 interviews were conducted in the making of this beautifully crafted film. In Search of Beethoven has brought together the world's leading performers and experts to reveal new insights into both Beethoven the man and his music. The line-up of performers and interviewees includes Gianandrea Noseda, Sir Roger Norrington, Riccardo Chailly, Claudio Abbado, Fabio Luisi, Frans Brüggen, Ronald Brautigam, Hélène Grimaud, Vadim Repin, Janine Jansen, Paul Lewis, Lars Vogt, and Emanuel Ax among others. The film is narrated by Juliet Stevenson and young RSC actor David Dawson. The film delves beneath the mythical image of the tortured, cantankerous genius to search for the real Ludwig van Beethoven. In Search of Beethoven addresses the romantic myth that Beethoven was a heroic, tormented figure battling to overcome his tragic fate, struck down by deafness, who searched for his 'immortal beloved' but remained unmarried. The results reveal someone quite different and far more interesting. In Search of Beethoven takes a comprehensive look at the composer's life through his musical output. Having created a successful and critically acclaimed blueprint with In Search of Mozart, Phil Grabsky documents each piece of music chronologically marrying it to Beethoven's biography and letters.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 24, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Juliet Stevenson, narrator.
View MARC record | catkey: 29626016