Adam's passion. Tabula rasa : for 2 violins, string orchestra and prepared piano (1977) / music by Arvo Pärt ; stage direction, set design and lighting concept, Robert Wilson
- Pärt, Arvo
- Uniform Title:
- Tabula rasa
- Additional Titles:
- Tabula rasa : for 2 violins, string orchestra and prepared piano (1977)
- Berlin, Berlin State : C Major Entertainment, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Kaljuste, Tõnu
ACCENTUS Music (Firm)
- Adam's Passion is the moving first collaboration between two "masters of slow motion who harmonize perfectly with each other" (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung). In the spectacular setting of a former submarine factory, American director and universal artist Robert Wilson creates a poetic visual world in which the mystical musical language of the Estonian composer Arvo Pärt can cast its meditative spell. Three of Pärt's major works - Adam's Lament, Tabula rasa, and Miserere, as well as Sequentia, a new work composed especially for this production - are brought together here using light, space, and movement to create a tightly-woven Gesamtkunstwerk in which the artistic visions of these two great artists mirror each other.
- Medium of Performance:
- violin 2 prepared piano 1 string orchestra 1 3 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 24, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Tallinn Chamber Orchestra ; Tõnu Kaljuste, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the Noblessner Foundry, Tallinn.
View MARC record | catkey: 29626874