The school that turned Chinese. Episode 1 / producer/directors, Harjeet Chhokar, Natasha Zinni ; producer, Charlotte Wasserman ; series producer, Ben Rumney ; a BBC Open University partnership
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (52 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Chhokar, Harjeet, Zinna, Natasha, Wasserman, Charlotte, Rumney, Ben, British Broadcasting Corporation, and Open University
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In a unique experiment, five teachers from China take over the education of 50 teenagers in a UK school to see whether the high-ranking Chinese education system can teach them a lesson. Will the harsh regime of long days and strict discipline produce superior students? Or will the clash of two cultures create chaos in the classroom? After four weeks, the Chinese and British systems will go head to head with the whole year group sitting exams to see which teaching style gets the best results. Day one of the experiment proves a shock for everyone, and there are tears when the teenagers discover just how competitive the Chinese teachers expect them to be.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 09, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Sophie Stanton.
View MARC record | catkey: 29627877