Canterbury tales. Episode 4, The sea captain's tale / Geoffrey Chaucer ; producer, Kate Bartlett ; director, John McKay ; BBC
- Additional Titles:
- Sea captain's tale and Sea-captain's tale
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (53 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400, Bartlett, Kate, McKay, John, 1965-, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- A film noir set in the Asian community of Gravesend. Jetender (Om Puri) is a wealthy money-lender and importer/exporter: an Asian 'Godfather' figure to his community. He goes into business with the young Pushpinder (Nitin Ganatra), who falls in love with Jetender's beautiful and extravagant wife, Meena (Indira Varma). Meena claims that Jetender is a tyrant who makes her life hell. Pushpinder and Meena begin a passionate affair and Pushpinder borrows money for Meena from her husband. Slowly, though, Pushpinder starts to learn the truth about Meena and her manipulative, lying ways.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 08, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Om Puri, Indira Varma, Nitin Ganatra.
- Nominated 2004 Royal Television Society, UK, RTS Television Award, Best Network Newcomer - Behind the Screen
View MARC record | catkey: 29628150