Sense & sensibility. Episode 1 / screenplay by Andrew Davies ; by Jane Austen ; produced by Anne Pivcevic ; directed by John Alexander ; BBC, WGBH Boston co-production
- Additional Titles:
- Sense and sensibility
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (52 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817, Pivcevic, Anne, Alexander, John (Television director), WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.), and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- From acclaimed writer Andrew Davies comes this enchanting new adaptation of Jane Austen's classic novel about love and marriage. Marianne Dashwood wears her heart on her sleeve when she falls in love with the charming but unsuitable John Willoughby, ignoring her sister Elinor's warning that her impulsive behaviour leaves her open to gossip and innuendo. Elinor, sensitive to social convention, struggles to conceal her own romantic disappointment, even from those closest to her. Will the sisters learn that sense must mix with sensibility if they are to find personal happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love?
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 08, 2017).
Based on the novel by Jane Austen.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- David Morrissey, Janet McTeer, Hattie Morahan, Charity Wakefield, Dan Stevens, Dominic Cooper, Mark Williams, Claire Skinner, Anna Madeley, Daisy Haggard.
- Nominated 2008 Primetime Emmy Awards, Outstanding Cinematography for a Miniseries or Movie
Nominated 2008 Primetime Emmy Awards, Outstanding Music Composition for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special (Original Dramatic Score)
Nominated 2009 BAFTA Awards, Best Original Television Music
View MARC record | catkey: 29628173