Ondine's curse : what fairy tales, coronary artery disease, and obesity have in common / presented by Donald J. Mertens
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (45 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Mertens, Donald and Healthy Learning Videos
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Ondine's Curse: What Fairy Tales, Coronary Artery Disease, and Obesity Have in Common looks at the effects of sleep apnea and sleep deprivation on the various body systems. The video details how sleep deprivation can lead to changes that promote the onset of coronary artery disease, obesity, and diabetes. The video also discusses the fact that not only does obstructive sleep apnea result in sleep deprivation, it can cause deleterious effects to the heart, which, in turn may lead to congestive heart failure. In addition, the video reviews various treatment options for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 25, 2017).
View MARC record | catkey: 29629698