Terre battue / Les Films Velvet présentent ; en co-production avec Les Films du Fleuve, Année Zéro, Arte France Cinéma, RTBF (Belgium TV) ; un film de Stéphane Demoustier ; produit par Frédéric Jouve, Jean-Pierre et Luc Dardenne ; scénario, Stéphane Demoustier, collaboration au scénario, Gaëlle Macé
- Additional Titles:
- 40 Love and Forty love
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (96 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Demoustier, Stéphane, Gourmet, Olivier, Bruni Tedeschi, Valeria, 1964-, Mérienne, Charles, Films Velvet, Films de Fleuve, Année Zéro, Arte France cinéma (Firm), Radio Télévision Belge Francophone, Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée (France), CANAL+ Image International (Firm), and First-Run Features (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In French with English subtitles.
- Produced by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, 40 Love is the story of a father and son who are both trying to transcend their current reality to achieve their dreams. After losing his job as senior executive in a large chain store, Jérôme is determined to start his own new business, despite the concerns of his wife. Their son Ugo, though only 11, already shows great promise as a future tennis pro, and hopes to get accepted to the national training center at Roland-Garros. Father and son are very close emotionally yet unable to really understand each other. Meanwhile the gaps between Jérôme and his wife are insidiously widening. Together, Ugo and Jérôme begin to realize that not all rules can be bent in the quest for success.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed December 17, 2018).
- Nominated 2015 Hong Kong International Film Festival, FIPRESCI Prize and Nominated 2015 Hong Kong International Film Festival, SIGNIS Award
View MARC record | catkey: 29629740