Africans in America. Part 2, Revolution. Interview with John Riley, Mount Vernon historian / [produced by WGBH].
- Boston, MA : WGBH Educational Foundation, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (66 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Walker, W. Noland, Riley, John, and WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- John Riley is interviewed about George Washington's views on slavery, his low opinion of slaves, his position in 18th century Virginia society, his decision not to break up families by selling slaves, his marriage to Martha and her dowry, how the tobacco economy contributed to the Revolution, free blacks and armed slaves in the Revoutionary War, how Washington tried to stay out of politics, the freeing of his slaves in his will.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 12, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Interviewee: John Riley.
View MARC record | catkey: 29630329