Africans in America. Part 4, Judgment day. Interview with Margaret Washington, associate professor of history, Cornell University. 4 of 4 / [produced by WGBH].
- Boston, MA : WGBH Educational Foundation, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (84 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Llewellyn, Washington, Margaret, and WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Margaret Washington is interviewed about Harriet Jacobs and the lives of slave women, gender conventions and racism, resentment of slave women by mistresses, Butler Island and religious life, the roles of women in the slave community, literacy and education among slaves, justifications by whites for slavery, minstrel shows, northern racism, Dred Scott decision, Kansas and Nebraska Act, John Brown, moral suasion, the legacy of slavery.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 12, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Interviewee: Margaret Washington.
View MARC record | catkey: 29630350